Sunday, March 15, 2009

TeriLyn has a "blonde" moment. . .

OK, so I usually don't like to blog about myself, but this is just too good (embarrassing) not to share. I left the house early last Thurs. morning, 6:00 am, still dark outside. I opened the trunk to get something out of it, got back in my van, pushed the button to electronically close it, heard the "beep, beep" that I usually hear that indicates it has closed, and proceeded to back out of the driveway. Well, as you may have guessed by now, it WASN'T closed and it shattered as it hit the top of the garage door while I started to back out!! I wish I had a great excuse but I don't. I guess it never closed or I just didn't wait long enough until it was down all the way before backing out. It was dark and I just "ASS"umed it was closed and didn't check well enough. I hate to admit it but my first thought was, "Which kid can I blame this on?"! No one was there but me and I soon realized I had no one to blame but myself. I cried and shook uncontrollably for a few minutes as I swept up the biggest part of the mess. If any of you have broken out a back windshield, you know they don't just crack and fall out. Instead they shatter into THOUSANDS of TINY pieces of glass. I swept glass up for two and a half hours that day and the guy who replaced the windshield also cleaned it up for a while. Now, every time I open or shut the door, more and more glass falls out!! Did I mention JB was out of town and I had to deal with it all on my own? What a morning!!!!


You can kind of get an idea of the way the glass shattered into so many tiny pieces. This is shattered glass still clinging to the frame.
From the inside looking out at a serious looking Braden.


Same view.


Here I am doing my best "Vanna White". We took these pictures at the end of the day, when I could finally smile and laugh about it!!!



My beautiful children looking out the "open" window from the inside. They were very kind and didn't tease me too badly. Now they know that even Mom makes mistakes and does stupid things. But, I did have them fooled for a long time!!!




No comments: